Because of the succes of the crochet pattern Summer Lace Top I’ve designed a lantern with pretty much the same pattern. The only thing you need is some nicely colored cotton, a metal ring and a crochethook. Download this free crochet pattern now and get going with the “Summer Lace Lantern”!
Just a present from me to you.
– cotton in different colors (you can make one lantern out of a skein) I used cotton from Sostrene Grene. They have many lovely colors and the yarn is soft and smooth.
– metal ring with a diameter of 12cm
– crochethook 3.5mm (UK9, US E/4)
– needle to weave in all ends
Abbreviations: (UK terms)
– chain = ch
– slip stitch = sl st
– single crochet = sc
– double crochet = dc
– front post double crochet = fpdc
– skip = sk
– stitch = st
– chain space = ch sp
This lantern is worked from top to bottom in a lace pattern and is worked in the round.
The chains at the beginning of each row count as the first stitch.